Monday 16 December 2013

once upon a time ...

Snow: Henry? You didn't turn in your homework again, is there a problem?
(silence)
Oh Henry, things really will change if you just believe it. Life is unpredictable.

Henry: Is your life unpredictable? 'Cause it seems to me like everything is pretty much the same around here, except me! My birth mom didn't love me. Regina says she does but she doesn't. I-I don't belong here!
Snow: You do belong here Henry, you are loved. (pause) I wanna show you something. This morning, I was cleaning up my bedroom closet like I've done every week, thousands of times. And you know what happened? I found something. Something I've never noticed before.
(pulls out a book) It was just there. Like, magic.
Henry: That's not possible.
Snow: No of course not but it happened. This book somehow arrived. Was it given to me? Did I forget about it? I don't know! But there it was. And do you know what I saw when I looked inside? Hope.
Henry: Looks like fairy tales to me.
Snow: And what exactly do you think fairy tales are? They are a reminder that our lives will get better if we just hold on to hope. Your happy ending may not be what you expect but that is what will make it so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment