Monday 12 May 2014

To the Best Friend I left behind

I may not be the Best in the Friend
But I'm by your side, not a Fiend
You're close to kissing the cherry on the mountain top
Here, I, just about to begin, so I take a step but stopped
Before time steals us away
I'll let my mind linger
To the place my heart belongs
Where you showed me greater things and beyond
You opened a doorway
Even if I shiver
You soothe me with songs
And swam with me in the pond
He knew what was in store
So he kept me out of bore
You taught me the function of a stringed instrument
Not just that but in your home, you let me vent
Together we meld our voices
Together we sing praises
We are so different yet so similar
Brought together by fate, but fate brought us apart
But Fate tells me one thing
"Keep her dear, and keep rejoicing"
Late night talks and sharing secrets
Voice therapy and jamming
Giggling about little things
Cooking, singing, biking
We did everything together
You stick to me more than a sister
Inseparable we were
Things end, however

Fate led me into an alienated land
Where all I could recognize was sand
So home sick and so heart sick
That my friend was a stick
I reminisce precious moments
All those lovely events
I cry my heart out
Just want to be on a mountain and shout
But time flies and sways
The emptiness decays
Communication wasn't as its best ideals
Willingness just falls
But then I say Hi, and you say Hello
You told me how you missed me so
"You are still my Best Friend"
As you are still my Best Friend
Best Friends we will be
Always and Forever



Even if we are parted apart, a thousand miles away, in my heart you will remain. You will remain an inspiration and one of my heroes in life. My spiritual life began when I met you because you made me feel secure, that I belong. True Friendship like ours exist We may not be updating each other with all the stories but when I see you once more, I will fill you in with EVERYTHING that you have missed and so are you. We will have those endless nights of sleepover until Salabat becomes our Best Friend Forever to keep us singing and losing our voices. :) I'm clouded by sadness at times because I long to be with you and everyone else, knowing that it isn't my utter fault I can't go there, to my mother country. My own mother country. My home. You all are my home. And who doesn't want to be home every once in a while? However, God has put on big challenges that are about to happen. Moving out of the island, living in a big country, where I know no one. No family but just me. It's exciting and scary but God knows where I am needed.

Jana, I miss you more than you can ever ponder. Words are truly not functional anymore if I were to explain how much I miss you, all of you. You're wonderful in so many ways you don't know. Even if we didn't talk, you showed me something beautiful. The beauty of Friendship. You taught me that despite me being here, and you being there. I love you and I hope to see you sooner than later. That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment